Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 3


The new sermon series is called "anchored." The main verse that comes to mind when I hear that word is one I posted just last week- "we have this hope as an anchor, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19. Hope has become my favorite word. It's the chosen word for KKI and now the chosen word for my life. 

In the sermon, the pastor defined hope as an expectation of good. Psalm 25:7 declares that the Lord is good, Psalm 23:6 says goodness follows God, and Matthew 7:11 says the Lord gives good gifts. We can choose hope in every circumstance. We often allow the circumstances to distract us from the goodness of God. It's so easy to let our circumstances consume us.

If we aren't anchored in hope, we allow ourselves to drift. The pastor asked if we will allow the circumstances to let us drift or will we remain anchored in the goodness of God? Like we can't do both. Next time I start to let my circumstances take over and dictate how I feel, I need to remind myself that isn't putting my hope in God; not putting my "expectations" in God and believing He is going to pull me through whatever is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment