Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11

I had another great weekend, but was still ready to get back to therapy (especially with how exciting things ended last week!) Dusty and I got to have not just one, but two date nights. We even went bowling! It took a game for me to get warmed up, but I almost beat him the second game! It just took a little adjusting since we didn't use the bumpers, haha. We were there with a lot of his family and some of our friends, so it was a lot of fun. (And who doesn't like cosmic bowling??)

Church was really great this week. The music was good and the sermon was great. And I love seeing Stephanie on Sunday's! She's really busy with school and work during the week, so we usually only get to catch up at church. But this Sunday was extra special because Steph went with me to Maureen's religious education class to meet the kids that have written me cards and been praying for me. They were so sweet! Maureen started the class by letting them ask me questions. I think they felt a little shy at first, but here are the few questions I got:

Are you feeling better since when we first started praying for you? (Definitely!! Hard to do much worse, right? The power of prayer is amazing!)

How long are you going to be in your wheelchair? (Such an innocent question...the truth is that we don't know, but I'm doing better each day and the prayers have been helping!)

Is it hard to get dressed? (I actually laughed at this one...it's harder than you can imagine! I'd be embarrassed to admit how long it takes me, but I do it and it's slowly getting better)


The room they put us in this week in Baltimore is the best yet. It's one of the larger rooms, but they were nice enough to give it to us at the same price as the other rooms. It's perfect because the floors are hard wood (aka way easier for me to move around) and it's handicap accessible...the table is high enough for me to pull up to and even the sink has a cut out so I can pull up to it. I love being home, but it's nice staying in a place like this because I can do pretty much everything on my own. And as soon as my new transfer board comes in, I really will be able to! (It's the transfer board with the disc that I put under me and then I can go from one place to the next completely on my own).

Therapy went well today...I got to Baltimore in time for an hour on the stim bike. My first hour with Dennis was spent doing some core and ab exercises. He then did that PNF stretching that Becky used to do. The second hour was with the Vectra (spinal stim). We did a lot of standing and then I was about to kick my legs out and even hold them out for 15+ seconds! The first time I used the Vectra, we were excited about a small toe twitch, so this was a big improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment