Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 28

I've been talking to the woman whose son had the same diagnosis as me. It's been nice talking to someone who knows what we've been going through..and someone who has made it through all of this (her son is back to 100%!) She's given me a lot of hope and is really encouraging. The more I talk to her, the more amazed I am at how we even got connected. But it's crazy...all of Hunter's symptoms were just like mine. No one had heard of anything like what happened to me, yet, this kid in Florida went through almost the same thing. He had the headache, the nausea, the leg weakness, had to teach himself to eat again, etc...and he's back to being a normal, active 13 year old now! 

I did the walking in the harness with a walker today...Dennis helped pull my leg through and Dee stood at hips. I did a lot more than the last time I did it...I was still initiating steps and did better pulling my leg forward. Dennis said I was also really good at keeping the back leg straight and weight shifting. He said he felt a lot of hamstring action and before we even started our session, I sat on the edge of the mat with my legs over the side. He asked me to try to kick my leg out and it moved a little!! Maybe that'll be my next movement? Like I said, this is the time frame that neuro regeneration starts to show (6-8 weeks). Maybe next week will be even better?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment