Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18

I'm excited for a new week and all that is to come. What makes it even better is this great weather forecast. I love this time of year...everything is turning green and the flowers are blooming. I've always appreciated that beauty, but never really took the time to be still and enjoy it. I'm taking that time now and I highly recommend it.

One of my favorite things is the short time that the lilacs are in bloom. We have a small lilac bush on the side of the house and Mom has been going out and cutting me off a little bit so I can enjoy it. It's so beautiful and I love the scent of fresh lilac!

On a completely different note, a lot of our downtime is spent answering phone calls, going through mail, and sorting through bills. It's overwhelming and I'm not even the one sorting through it. I just watch Mom and Dad sit down with stacks and stacks of papers...I'm talking like one sheet for each chest X-ray, each finger prick that checked my blood sugar ($8.95 each time, almost every HOUR I was in the ICU), not to mention each MRI and a separate bill from my numerous doctor visits around the clock. We're so thankful for the support we've received from church, friends and the community this far, but I know there's still a long road ahead. Some people have encouraged us to start a Facebook page and to do some fundraising to help offset the cost of traveling and Mom not working. We don't even know where to start though...and Mom and I personally don't have much time because we're back and forth to Baltimore. If anyone has suggestions or guidance about fundraising or wants to help, please reach out...I don't even know where to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment