Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12

I have a feeling this week might be even better than last week! My stim bike performance this morning was the best yet! Instead of averaging 8miles in an hour, I did 11.3! I still didn't require much stim and my power was 3.2! (It's slowly increasing!) 

I was with Rachel in the smaller pool with the treadmill in the morning. Dennis thought it made a difference having me do the bike right before the pool last week, so that's what I did to try to "wake them up." We did some standing balance, which is getting better, then walking. Rachel could tell a big difference from just last week! 

I did some arm exercises while I'm the standing frame in the afternoon then got on the GEO with the Vectra (spinal stim). It went well!! And while I was walking, a few people from Restorative Therapies (the company that makes the stim bikes) came through on a tour. I got to tell them my story and how much I love using the stim bike...and how much I think it has helped strengthen my legs. I didn't even realize they were from the company until I was done talking. 

Tuesday's are definitely the most exhausting day of the week as far as therapy goes, so it was nice to go back to the room and watch a movie with Mom at the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment