Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 25

I'm so determined to make it through this storm. But that doesn't mean I'm not so sick and tired of everything. I got some shorts from Target and needed some of my short socks brought up from the garage, where all the things from my house were put when my family moved me out of my house in Philly. Dad brought up my laundry basket and I realized it had my dirty clothes in it from before I got sick (I guess that's what happens when you leave the men- Dad, James and Dusty to pack up!) Looking through the hamper brought forth a wave of emotions as I saw my dirty gym clothes and clothes I wore to clinic. Both things I wish I could be doing right now. I guess this is just teaching me to never complain about those things again. I'll find joy in going to work and look forward to the gym in the future! 

Mrs. Lenny sent me this quote from Christopher Reeve: “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” I feel like I'm going through that transition now. So many things seem impossible at first, but when I set my mind to it, I surprise even myself in what I'm capable of. 

I've been thinking about my grandfather a lot lately...he was always my biggest fan. He took me to every dance class and every orthodontist appointment I ever had. He'd do anything for me. There have been so many things that have reminded me of him lately and the other day, I actually went to call him before I remembered he's been gone for more than two years now. Driving home from Baltimore last week, Mom randomly said she'd been thinking about him as well and what a hard time he'd have seeing me sick and struggling like I have been. It's true, but I also think I'd be making him proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment