Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13

The only scheduled therapy I have on Wednesdays is pool therapy and it isn't until the afternoon, so it was a good change to be able to take my time getting up and ready in the morning (and enjoy my coffee!) 

Today was one of the first mornings I felt like I was actually looking like myself. (I think being able to pull up to the sink and mirror in the bathroom to get myself ready helped). The acne on my face is finally getting better (those steroids did a number on my skin!) and I'm really trying to lose weight, so it's starting to show in my face. I also noticed in the shower that my hair is starting to feel thicker, so I think everything is coming along!

While on the stim bike this morning, I met a girl that had ADEM. She's 20 and has been coming to KKI for 3 years. In all that time, she's never met another person with ADEM (and I definitely hadn't either.) That goes to show how rare this thing is!

I ended the day with Dennis and Lizzie in the big pool. I used the water walker and we did laps the whole time. They were both still pretty impressed with how I was able to pull my leg through with each step. I have s little easier time with the right leg, but I'm hoping all of it just continues to get better and easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment