Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22

When it rains, it pours. James rear ended someone in my car yesterday...listening to Mom talk to him on the phone, I thought it was totaled and I started crying, thinking I was never going to get into my car ever again. Who knew I'd have such an attachment to my 2007 Hyundai? Luckily, he was perfectly fine and the car isn't in too bad of shape. 

Then today, I finally had time to get a haircut. I haven't had one since I first got to Magee. Someone came to my room and cut like 7 inches off for me...my hair was so nice and long! But I couldn't really brush my own hair at first and the male nurses had a hard time managing it and trying to keep it from being caught under me when I'd lay in bed. It really wasn't a good hair cut and wasn't quite even, but it was better than nothing. Then my thyroid levels were so out of control that I lost half the thickness of my hair. So it's been a mess to say the least. Anyways, I was sitting getting my hair cut this morning when this loud noise rang through the air...it sounded like a gun shot! Everyone in the shop stopped what they were doing and looked around, trying to figure out what it was. IT WAS MY WHEELCHAIR TIRE! It just blew! My heart raced for the next ten minutes, it was so scary! We had no idea what to do. I went ahead and transferred to a different chair, finished my haircut, then looked up bike repair shops nearby. We ended up going to Element Sports (if you're in Winchester, I highly recommend going there- the guy was so great!!) He fixed my tire right away. He said the hospital fixes tires like that for $60 some dollars and he only charged $18!! He even checked the air in the other tire.  Then to top off our good impression of the place, there was even Christian music playing. Crisis averted, thank God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment