Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27

I was scared I'd wake up and my toes wouldn't wiggle anymore, but they still did! (And I did it all day long, haha). When I told Dennis, he showed the most excitement I'd seen out of him and immediately took my shoe off, then high fived me. 

My pool session was the best yet... When walking, I was really able to bring my legs forward and didn't need help finishing each step. It went so well that Dennis is hoping to do some walking in the gym tomorrow with me in the harness. He also said that maybe we can try the TheraStride again- the treadmill I've done in the past where they manually move my legs. We had stopped doing that because I didn't have enough tone and was kind of all over the place when they moved my legs..and there was a fear of hyperextending. Now that I have more muscle, tone and can help a little, he thinks it'd be beneficial to try that treadmill since the way they place my legs and "step" me has good cues for walking. There have been a lot of studies on that type of locomotive training, so if it  goes well, it might be better to do that instead of the GEO. 

I got to meet my friend, Marichris, for dinner. She's doing her first rotation in Baltimore and we were finally able to meet up. 

I also finally scheduled a telephone meeting with one of the deans at my school- Friday at 2...say a prayer! I want to ask about the possibility of starting some coursework. Hopefully online and maybe a reduced amount to start with just because it'll make continuing with therapy easier. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment