Saturday, March 5, 2016

March 5

Sad to see our vacation come to an end. And we ended it in the worst way- 12 hours of traveling! Between the lay overs, two plane rides, and a drive home from DC- Dusty and I are ready to relax after our week of relaxation, haha. 

Good thing I had time at the spa before the chaos that ensued the day after. Dusty's sister and I got a pedicure (a little disappointing because there weren't even massage chairs...there were those portable basins with water in them, nothing fancy.) The ladies barely spoke English, but managed to tell me that my feet were both very smooth and very purple 😒 and Kasey's feet were "rough."  Later in the afternoon, I got a facial. I've never really had any acne, but the combination of high dose steroids and being sick in general has my face do broke out and oily. I thought it'd be a good idea to try a facial, especially after a week in the sun with constant sunscreen. Dusty came with me to make sure I got settled and helped me get onto the massage table. I've never had a facial and really didn't know what to expect, but it was great! I'm not even sure what was going on since my eyes were closed the whole time, but I was very relaxed..at least until she started pinching my face, haha. At first, I thought it was some type of facial massage, but the pinching continued..not necessarily uncomfortable, just strange. Then the girl laughed and showed me the blackheads she was getting. And I started counting how many times she did it...sixty three!!! So apparently I needed the deep cleansing treatment! 

Dusty and I kind of made our rounds and said goodbye to the staff we'd made friend with during the week. Among these people was a man named Eddy Gonzales. He was actually the first person we met because he greeted us at check in with champagne. When we were saying goodbye, Eddy asked what had happened to my legs. We told him about how I got sick and he was shocked that all of it had pretty much just happened. He said "and before that, you could walk and everything?" Yep, just like that. I think he felt bad because he invited us to the front desk for more champagne, haha. I showed him pictures of myself standing before I got sick and he said he knew I'd be okay and that all I need is God. He also said he looked forward to us visiting again when I'm better. Dusty and I are going to have a lot of people we'll have to visit once I'm back on these two feet! 

This is such a small world...we were in the Fort Lauderdale airport and a woman came up to Dusty's brother, asking if he cuts trees for a living. He said that wasn't his full time job but that yes, he cuts trees down for people on the side. Apparently he had cut some down for her! We talked with her for a little bit and she asked what had happened to me. (A question I'm not sure if feel comfortable asking people, but I get it a lot...and it really doesn't bother me at all...I actually like when people ask because it makes me reflect on how far I've come and how great God has been). The lady said she's a prayer warrior and planned to pray for me everyday by name. It's crazy the type of interactions we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment