Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 2

Not much has been going on- which is a very good thing! I've been sleeping in, eating breakfast, going to the beach, eating lunch, going to the pool, going to dinner, going to the bar or hanging out, then repeating the next day. It's been so great. As if our vacation couldn't be any better, Dusty got a phone call yesterday saying he got the job he interviewed for last week! He hasn't had a normal 9-5 job in the field he wants (local government) because he's still a couple classes short of his masters in public administration and those jobs are hard to come by without your degree or experience. It's a job in Loudan County with benefits that is perfect for him, allowing him to split his time between in the office and on site. He doesn't start until the 24th, but we think this is the beginning of our luck turning around and a fresh start. 

Speaking of a fresh start, we talked to Baltimore yesterday and they said they couldn't schedule me until the 28. We were a little disappointed because I can't wait to get started. Mom talked to the woman she's been in contact with this whole time, Angela, and she was a lifesaver- somehow working it out for me to start NEXT TUESDAY! We even have housing, but are still looking into other options that may be a little less expensive. I'll be doing spat and aquatic therapy, then try to schedule OT as soon as there is an opening. I'm so ready to get there and work hard.

Dusty, his mom, sister and cousins all got in a banana boat yesterday and it was amusing to watch. Then Dusty talked to some resort staff and scheduled a snorkeling trip for the whole family...I don't think I'm going to snorkel, but I'm excited about getting into the boat and seeing the reef and sand bar. The water is so beautiful! 

I've also decided to treat myself to a facial and pedicure Friday before we leave- the ultimate relaxation! 




No comments:

Post a Comment