Friday, March 18, 2016

March 18

Today was the last day of my two week "boot camp" at KKI. I wish I could continue this 10-5 schedule- it's like my new full time job! But fortunately I get to continue as a more long term patient and next week I'll actually be there Tuesday- Friday, so it's not much different. I won't be with Becky, but I really like my new therapist, Dennis.

Jen retested all my fine motor skills and my hand strength. I was about 4-5 standard deviations from average on several of the tests when I started last Monday and today I was only about one standard deviation away- if even. For several tests I was actually normal! 

Becky then retested my balance with reaching measurements and I improved on those as well! Dr. Recio talked to Mom in the waiting room today and said he'd heard only good things about me...he said I was really strong and only going to get stronger...I hope he's right!

The aqua treadmill went well again. I was with Dennis in the pool and he asked if I needed a rest break after our first 10 minute walk. I said no, so after the next round of walking, he said "I'd ask if you wanted a break, but I know you'll probably say no." I like that the therapists know that about me...I'm not there to take breaks! I've been through a lot these last few months, I can make it through a workout. 

I got to be in the standing frame for my last hour of PT today and played Becky in wii. 



I got home and transferred myself onto the couch- there's a first for everything! 

Also, my neighbors got me a gift and left it at the house with my grandma...it's a silver bracelet that says "she believed she could, so she did" on the inside- it's perfect! 


No comments:

Post a Comment