Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 6 and 7

Both of the devotional passages for this weekend talked about slowing down, taking one step at a time, or resting/relaxing- all things I struggle with! But how appropriate because the weekends really are my time to rest and regroup (with the exception of my own pool therapy since I really just can't bare the thought of time off from therapy...why delay getting better and stronger?!) 



Don't give up...that's all I needed to see. 

I had another great weekend at home. I love that I'm able to get the max amount of therapy throughout the week and still be able to come home on the weekends. The only downfall is that there's not enough time to see everyone and do everything I want during that time home. But just two more weeks, then a much needed vacation, then I'll be able to get more things done when not in Baltimore. I look forward to getting back to some school stuff, like reviewing material, and catching up on Netflix, haha. 

I got to spend the afternoon at a winery Saturday- one of my favorite things to do. Dusty's mom and niece came over once I got home and I was so happy to finally make that happen because we'd been trying for the past three weeks and just kept running out of time. Miley has grown up so much since I've been sick...she's talking and making whole sentences these days. Dusty said he kept showing her my picture so she wouldn't forget me, that meant so much and just seeing how much he adores her warms my heart.

I have a good feeling about this week. My mom's long time friend, Sally, is coming with me to Philky until Wednesday. She's been like family (aka Aunt Sally) for as long as I remember, but I'm thankful for this time alone together. It's another example of the relationships God is blessing and strengthening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment