Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 3


I start each morning by reading two things: my devotional and my timehop on my phone (an app that tells you what you posted on any social media on this day in previous years). Just like most days, they were so perfect for today. My timehop said "we don't meet people by accident" and my devotional was:

Yet another reminder to take one day at a time. It's comforting to know I'm not alone, especially when each day seems so long since progress consists of the smallest baby steps at this point. I may not see the changes or have instant gratification of how my therapies are helping me, but I'm trying to focus on God, the unseen, instead of those visible changes.

Today, Cate had me get into tall kneel and wanted me to hold it for 2-5 minutes. I did it for 5 minutes, took a break and then did it for another 8 minutes straight! In the afternoon, Kelly had me do weighted tricep pushes. I had been doing 50lbs, so she wanted me to go up to 55lbs. I ended up doing 60lbs! It was a good day and I feel like I really pushed myself and made the most of it.

Dusty got here this afternoon and our plans of exploring the city a little bit were cancelled due to a downpour of rain. We ended up just staying at the hotel and having dinner at their restaurant. Rachel and Jenessa stopped by- again, it's hard saying goodbye to everyone leaving for rotations...I did a lot better tonight than I did yesterday though. Everyone that knows me knows I'm just not good at handling goodbyes of any kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment