Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

The last few days have been full of love and blessings. Friday's therapies went really well. I got to do the stim bike and spend time in the standing frame. I made Valentine's cards using watercolor pencils during my free time and Tom, one of the older patients in the program, is convinced I need to open a card making business, haha.

James drove from DC to come pick me up Friday afternoon, stayed at home for dinner, then drove back. Seems like a lot of driving to me, so I was really thankful he did that for me. I enjoyed having him there for my afternoon of therapy and then really liked catching up on our drive home. I'm so thankful for our friendship and am so proud of him. It's easy to forget that he's the younger sibling with how mature he is.

Stephanie met Mom and I at the pool Saturday morning. It's amazing how much more movement there is from week to week. Last week, my knees were barely coming out of the water when I floated on my back and kicked my legs and today, my thighs were coming out of the water! 

Dad had to go to a meeting for work Saturday morning while we were at the pool. There was a raffle and he won, wait for it....ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. As if that weren't enough, he also found out that he has a new benefit that allows him to claim disability for a loved one. He can have 26 weeks off at full pay for someone that meets family medical leave. It's perfect timing, just like so many other things these last few months. Our world was falling apart and God just keeps sending these signs to let us know that it's all in His hands and to not lose faith. 





No comments:

Post a Comment