Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5

My timehop showed me that 3 years ago I posted "give me strength when I'm standing and faith when I fall." Then my devotional said "The most persistent choice you face is whether to trust Me or not. You will never run out of things to worry about, but you can choose to trust Me no matter what." I feel like those two things kind of go together...when things are harder, put more faith in God...by doing so, it's like putting all your trust in Him. It's hard to worry when you're being so trusting. So I'm really trying to put all my faith in God and not worry so much. My friend, Christy, took the time to drive all the way to Philadelphia just to pick me up and drive me home today. We were talking in the car and I love she always has the perfect example or reference to relate to what we're talking about. She was telling me about a guy who said it's like a roller coaster...when life is easy, you cruise straight ahead, but when life throws you curves or takes a sharp turn, you cling tighter to the Lord. Those sudden changes in your easy, straight path cause you to be closer to Him...I think we should strive to always be nearer to Him, but like in James 1:2-3,  consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds...God doesn't necessarily want us to face those trials, but when we do, He rejoices at those opportunities for us to draw closer to Him. And it's during these hardships that God gets to show His goodness.

Dusty and I got moving early again this morning...with food as my motivation, haha. There's a food truck that comes to LOVE park on Fridays...it's a bagel truck called "Schmear it." They have gluten free bagels and I'd been craving it since Tracy introduced me to them when I was at the main Magee hospital.

Therapy went well..I'm getting so much better at managing my legs, like pulling them up onto the mat or bed by myself once I've transferred over from my chair. I can also hold myself up in tall kneel or on all fours- I used to need someone holding my hips and back when I first did it, I needed like three people to get me into those positions and hold it. My upper body is also getting so much stronger- I'm constantly increasing the weight!


No comments:

Post a Comment