Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17

I gave Herb some more of those cashews he liked so much (along with the Gouda that goes so well with it). He's asked me three times already if this is really my last week. He was convinced I had more time. He got a little choked up when I gave him the present and I think we'll both miss our morning rides.

I was welcomed back to the hotel this afternoon by one of the doormen, Greg. He joked that I was later than usual (it's funny that everyone here knows my schedule.) He then asked how therapy had been going and I told him this was my last week in Philly. He started telling me that he couldn't believe what had happened to me and that I'm one of the strongest people he's met. That's a pretty big statement coming from a stranger...I've never really used the words "strong" and "inspirational" to describe myself before, but those are two words I've been hearing over and over these days. 

Mom, Jenessa and I went to Reading Terminal Market when I got off the shuttle this afternoon. I'm actually starting to learn my way around! I just had to get another grilled cheese from one of the cheese booths. We went to happy hour at a bar across the street after we ate and watched a little bit of a bocce tournament they had going on. It looked so fun...now that's a game I would've been able to play- unlike first year of optometry school when my friends and I decided to play basketball (it was embarrassing-at least for me, haha). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment