Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 19-21

I've officially graduated from day rehab at Magee! Just because it was my last day didn't mean I worked any less...it was still a completely exhausting day. It was sad to say goodbye to all my new friends at the Sheraton. Everyone wished me good luck and I made promises to come back there as a study spot. Stella (one of the coffee ladies that would send fruit and cheese platters to my room while I was gone) gave me the biggest hug and told me repeatedly not to give up. Then I had to say goodbye to Herb, which was also difficult. There have been so many unexpected relationships that I've formed and will never forget. I can't wait to hold true to my word and come back to visit...while walking. 

Friday's rehab was filled with more goodbyes. I met a guy named Josh at the main hospital who left before me and joined day rehab. He has a high level injury (C6/C7) from a diving accident in July. He finished the day program last week, but still comes to the outpatient facility for therapy on the treadmill each day. He came for his regular therapy then stayed for lunch since it was my last day. All his treadmill therapy has been really beneficial and he actually just got some lower back activation. I have a really good feeling about his recovery, so I'm glad we exchanged contact information and I can see what other improvements he makes. Keep him in your prayers! 

Dusty drove me home and it felt so good knowing it was the last road trip between Winchester and Philadelphia for awhile. Im just ready for the next chapter. 

Saturday and Sunday were spent at the pool and at vineyards- my typical weekend activities. I feel stronger every time I go to the pool. Standing was way easier and I was actually able to float on my back with a noodle and kick myself halfway across the pool...I though dusty was behind me the whole time and didn't even realize it was me doing all the work. I'm looking forward to a full week of pool therapy and trying out some different equipment at the gym this week and even more excited about my medical assessment appointment in Baltimore this Thursday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment