Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18



Another perfect reminder that I can do this and I'm not alone. It's a great feeling to wake up and read words like this, then carry them with me throughout the day.

I had a good day. Therapy went well and I won at bowling when we went today as my last outing! Mom stayed with me until lunch and then Dusty got here. It's a bittersweet feeling knowing tomorrow is my last day. I'm so excited for the next step and being closer to home, but this really does feel like a new chapter in my life and I just have no idea what to expect. I'm also really bad with goodbyes. I've made some really great relationships and it makes me sad to know I'm not going to see some of these people as frequently. An incredibly crappy situation turned into a blessing that brought amazing people into my life. 

On the way home this afternoon, Herb turned the music down to ask me how long he'd been driving me back and forth on the shuttle. I told him 6 weeks and he he told me he'd gotten used to seeing my face every morning. He said it was a good way to start the day and that I'm an incredible person...he said I'd been an encouragement to him and that I was going to do great things. Of course, I was in the back seat tearing up and trying to hide it before he saw. He then had me find him on Facebook so we could keep in touch, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment