Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31

My church has an app for your phone that you can take sermon notes on, access the Bible, listen to podcasts, and most recently- do a daily devotional. They post a short and sweet, one minute devotional everyday. Today it said that life is full of ups and downs and that when we're in the downs, we forget about the ups. How true is that? We get so caught up in the current circumstances that we forget about all we have and all the good that has happened. I hope I can start this week with that mindset and if or when I feel like my progress isn't that noticeable, I'll remember where I started from and how truly blessed I have been thus far.

It was such a good weekend and although I wish I had been at the beach for Memorial Day, at least the sun stayed out and Dusty and I found things to do and friends to reconnect with. We went to a couple vineyards, had a cookout with our families, met his dad and granddad for breakfast, and I got to see friends that I haven't seen since I was in the ICU back in September. (I actually don't even remember seeing them then).

This time last year, I was at one of my friend's weddings. A lot has changed in a year and she just had her first baby a week ago. That wedding was some of the most fun we've had and we made so many great memories. It was only one of the many weddings Dusty and I were supposed to go to last summer and we unfortunately had to miss a few. Every wedding we've been to, there always ends up being some great picture of us on the dance floor. 


I can't wait to be dancing like that again. 



Therapy went well today...when I got to the pool, there were about 30 people there to watch me. They were all rehabilitation residents from Hopkins that wanted to know more about Aqua therapy. So, I had quite the audience this morning. Rachel said she could really feel my quads contacting, but I still needed quite a bit of help at the knees. Then, I did some core stuff and the Geo with Dennis. The core stuff is constantly getting better and I set a new record for how many steps I've done on the geo- 2,724! 



No comments:

Post a Comment