Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 10

This is going to be a busy week...but hopefully a really good one!! I have a reassessment this afternoon since it's been 30 days since the last one. I know my core strength has gotten better and I've had more movement since the last one- including the knee flexion and toe wiggle! 

Tomorrow there's a fundraising dinner in Annapolis for the Exo-skeleton. A few patients from KKI put it together to raise money to bring that equipment to KKI since they're just renting it right now. Tickets are $100/person, but they added us to the list as their guest, so I'm looking forward to it. 

My appointment with Dr. Recio got moved up to Thursday! I'm excited to see how that goes and what his opinion is on how things have changed since I last saw him- before therapy even started at KKI. He changed my appointment because he wanted to see me sooner and get the letter written for school. I feel like this never happens. A doctor wanting to see me sooner in order to get something done for me? That's one thing I love about this place. My doctor always knows what's going on with me, how my therapy is going and if I need anything done. I had a good feeling about this place when I first visited and I haven't been proven wrong yet. 

I'll probably post another update later today after the reassessment...I hope there will be good news to report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment