Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29

I listen to "the Message" Christian radio in the car, so many songs at church are pretty familiar. I remember hearing the song "you make me brave" on the radio after I got out of the hospital and feeling like it was familiar for some reason. This morning, we sang that song in church and Stephanie told me she had heard it a lot when I first got sick and she played it for me in the hospital. She said "I kept hearing it during that time and played it for you at UVA. and it definitely depicts your relationship with the Lord especially as of late!" Here are the words:


I stand before You now
The greatness of your renown
I have heard of the majesty and wonder of you
King of Heaven, in humility, I bow

As Your love, in wave after wave
Crashes over me, crashes over me
For You are for us
You are not against us
Champion of Heaven
You made a way for all to enter in


I have heard You calling my name
I have heard the song of love that You sing
So I will let You draw me out beyond the shore
Into Your grace
Your grace


You make me brave
You make me brave
You call me out beyond the shore into the waves
You make me brave
You make me brave
No fear can hinder now the love that made a way




In today's sermon, Pastor John talked about the different ways God talks to us. One of those ways is through pain. He said sometimes it takes pain for us to slow down and listen to Him. I found that funny because I was actually just thinking about that this week. 

This was the scripture from the sermon:


What a shame it is that we as humans are so preoccupied with our own wants and needs that it takes something earth shattering to stop us in our tracks and make us slow down in order to listen to what God wants? 

This weekend has already been so nice and relaxing and it's only halfway over! We're always looking into things to do on the weekends mainly because it's the only time we have to do anything fun or different. Being in Baltimore four days a week revolves around therapy and then being in the hotel room. We don't really have time for much else. (Which is why if anyone has books on tape or tv series/DVDs to occupy our time, it'd be great!!) 

I had the idea of going to the National Zoo, but this weekend would've been the worst time for that with it being Memorial Day weekend! So I'm looking forward to doing that sometime in the next few weeks. Dusty and I ended up at Charlestown races and slots last night. I haven't seen live races since I was little. What's perfect is that we didn't have to spend money by going because everyone sent us with their money to make bets! We had absolutely no idea what we were doing. We got a program, looked at the names, then went to the counter to place our bets. Dusty told the woman we were clueless and she helped us, then we sat with the program and read the front where it tells you what each little number and phrase meant. But for the most part, I just looked at the color of the horse, the color of the jockey's clothes and the horse's name, haha. That explains why even though the horse I picked to place got third and I won a mere fifty cents. I guess when you only put $5 on a horse with good odds already, the payoff isn't very high. 

Today, Dusty and I met up with some friends at a brewery and then a vineyard...really just anything to be outdoors and enjoy this weather! Afterwards, we had a cookout with our families. I'm looking forward to having Monday off as well because as much as I hate days off from therapy, I like being able to do whatever we want on the weekends. So many times, it feels like as soon as we make it home and unpack, it's time to get right back on the road again. It could be worse though...at least I'm fortunate enough to be continually making progress and able to stay in therapy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment