Monday, May 9, 2016

May 10 part 2

The reassessment went well! My core strength has improved tremendously. Anteriorly, my reach started at 4inches. I had to redo the test about twenty times because I kept losing my balance and putting my hand down on the mat or on my lap. I improved 15 inches since the last assessment! I also improved 10 inches to the left and to the right. I'm far from it, but one of my goals is to be able to go from laying on my back to sitting up without using my arms. Today, I could just barely clear my shoulder blades...I'm working on it though! 

As far as with the lower extremities...my proprioception was a lot better...almost 100%! Meaning I was able to tell what direction my toes, ankle and knee were- bent or straight/ up or down. I moved my big toe for the first time, and there was more movement in my legs than last time. Still have a way to go though! I'm hoping the pool goes well tomorrow and that knee flexion and extension is still there (and maybe even better than last week?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment