Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 6

My therapy has been extended through the beginning of August. The plan right now is to keep doing what we've been doing (and add an extra day of pool therapy so it's three days a week with both an hour in the pool and two hours of PT). If August comes and things are still pretty steady, then I might benefit from taking a few months off from therapy. It would give regeneration a chance to occur and me a chance to get back to a more regular routine. However, if August comes and I'm making significant improvement, then I would benefit more from continuing therapy. I guess only time will tell. 

Speaking of a regular routine...I finally got my letter finalized for returning back to school and will get it in the mail this morning. I'm hoping that'll spark a conversation about how to modify the program to best fit my schedule. Clinic is going to be a challenge, but one semester of course work? I just want to get it done! I need to. I need to stimulate my brain and get back to challenging myself mentally. It's part of who I am and I need to feel like that again. I feel like because I'm in a wheelchair and physically on a different level, many people are assuming I'm also mentally challenged or need to be talked to like I'm delicate or incapable of thinking for myself. I'm still the same person, and trust me, after all those cognitive tests the speech therapists made me go through, we would've discovered if anything was wrong with my brain! When I'm talked to like I'm incapable of making my own decisions, it just bring me down- more than I already am, and I don't need anymore help with that. It's already a daily battle to stay as positive as I can and to keep that spark of hope alive. 

My grandparents visited from Florida this weekend, which was exciting because they haven't seen me since I was still at Magee- I'm sure a lot has changed! Of course, this called for photographs:





Dusty said he has a good feeling about this week and I hope he's right...I have a doctors appointment Wednesday and I think I should have a reassessment at some point this week. Fingers crossed for big changes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment