Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 28




That was from one of my daily devotionals. It goes along well with what I was saying on Sunday. I like this constant reminder...I don't look at it as just "not giving up," but rather, "keep going." I've already said that I'm not a quitter and I'd never give up. What point would that make? Then what? See, there's no good reasoning behind that. 


Speaking of working hard, that's exactly what I've been doing this week!! I walked for 52 minutes straight in the pool with Beth- a record she's hoping no one will ever beat. I got to try a new machine from restorative therapies, the company that makes the stim bikes. It was a pretty cool piece of equipment. I was standing and in a harness, then walked like on a treadmill. The main difference was that it was all stim- on my calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, back. The benefit of that machine is that you're in the standing and walking position with the stim and supporting your own weight via muscle contractions from the stim. The set up takes a little while, but I felt like it was worth it. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that at least once a week...the walking just felt more natural than the GEO and Thera stride. 

Vicki totally kicked my butt in our session this week. We did circuit intervals and I barely made it through! Her goal was to exhaust me and finally get me feeling a little sore the next day and, let me just say, she succeeded. Everyone has tried to tire me out before, but haven't, so she felt pretty accomplished, haha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment