Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23

Wednesday's are my catch up days- usually filled with appointments. I had another personal training session with Vickie and she really worked me for the whole hour. Her goal is to get me to do a pull up on my own, which makes me laugh because I've never been able to do that...not even in elementary school when that was one of the fitness tests in gym class. She told me that she wanted me to try a pull up and I had an automatic image of those insanely strong athletes that compete and do all these outrageous things from their wheelchair. I by no means got anywhere close to that, but I did get a little lift...my butt actually left the chair, haha. It's a work in progress I guess...gotta start somewhere! 

Thursday was a great way to end the week of therapy! The pool went great and I was able to stand without arm support...not for long, but I'm working on my balance. I think it'll get better the stronger my core gets. Although, Vickie said I'm actually pretty strong already. Then, the Thera-stride went better than normal. Dennis said he's not sure what it was, but it just went better than it has. (Don't know what that means, but I'll take it!) Then we did some walking over ground and Dee was on my hips, which she hasn't done in awhile. She was so impressed with the difference! At one point, she backed off and was standing next to me to prove she wasn't helping much haha. And Dennis said that he wasn't really helping bring my legs forward when we walked, he was mostly just unweighting my foot. Like I have enough control to bring my leg forward, but not enough strength to lift my whole leg up. So, overall, it was a pretty good week...and I still can't get over how Kim said Dennis should do a reassessment weekly. I'm glad changes are finally being seen so fast in my legs (although, I'll admit that it still isn't as fast as I wish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment