Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 26

This morning's sermon really hit home...Pastor John was talking about perseverance and what would've happened to the world if Jesus had given up in tough times and not endured the hardships God called him to do. He was saying how common and easy it is to quit or give up. Boy, do I know that. I was just telling Dusty last night that although I'm not a quitter, I probably would've came close to wanting to give up if I didn't have him by my side. I told him that some days I just don't feel as strong as everyone thinks I am..as strong as God thinks I am. 

Matthew 26:53 shows that Jesus could've called on God and ended everything. Ended the pain and the suffering at any moment. But he didn't. 

We are where we are today because of the choices we made yesterday and we'll be where we are tomorrow because of the choices we make today. So much is out of my control, but if I continue to persevere and remain determined, the outcome is going to be better. 

Pastor John brought up the movie Passion of Christ and how when Jesus was being beaten, he fell to the ground and how watching that, he hoped he'd just stay down. The blows wouldn't be as bad if he just stayed there. But he didn't, he got back up. There was more pain to endure on his way to the finish line. 

2 Corinthians- finish the work. Don't just hope to do something, but execute it. 

That should be my motivation. I'm not just going to hope to get better, I need to do something about it. I'm glad that's my personality already. Things don't get better just because I want them to, I have to do something about it and that's exactly what I'm doing. That's why I've picked up extra therapy, started meeting with a nutritionist and personal trainer, and go to the wellness gym during my free time. I just wish I was seeing my efforts pay off faster. One step at a time though, literally. 







No comments:

Post a Comment