Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 7

No one likes Mondays, but I feel like if I can just get through it, then the rest of the week goes so much faster. In OT, I did the same arm exercises I've been doing since day one on my stomach. Remember how I used to only be able to do them with an air splint on (to prevent bending of the elbow) and I needed assistance? Today, I did them on my own, no splint, and with wrist weights! I did all the arms machines and 60lbs on the rickshaw (which I had started at 15 and needed help before). I also got onto all 4s and did mini pushups, working on engaging my ab muscles.

I did the treadmill in PT and Steph kept talking about how strong I was...my legs are way more toned, making the treadmill easier (like the people that move each leg have an easier time controlling it), my transfers are constantly getting better, and she said she could tell how strong my arms are just by looking at them in my t-shirt. My posture while standing gets better every week and is starting to feel more natural and not as forced as it used to.

My friend's mom came to visit me again- Mrs. Lenny. She brought lunch from a place where she lives- a gluten free burrito! It was so good. I love having company during the downtime (especially when it's during the day and we can sit in the sunny window). I still can't get over how blessed I am with support like this. My friend's mom, who I had only met once before I got sick, takes the time to drive to Philadelphia and spend time with me. The relationships that I've built over the past few months are so precious. They're evidence of the good God is creating through this experience.

Today's devotional seemed very appropriate..


That last verse is one of my favorites. It's so true that when I try to get through the day without prayer or talking to God- telling Him about what I'm having trouble with or what I want to accomplish, the day seems so much longer. When I take the time to include Him, I just feel more at peace. I can deal with my emotions better. And trust me, there are a lot of emotions each day, haha.














No comments:

Post a Comment