Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 9

I feel like the days are flying by as I'm in my last week in Baltimore. Everyone keeps asking how I feel about my official therapy coming to an end and I honestly don't really know. It's weird. This is all I've done for so long. I'm excited because it kind of sucks going up and down the road each week and I can't wait to get back to my schoolwork, but I'm also so scared of not making enough progress because I'll be doing my own therapy. The last thing I'd want is to take steps backwards and I know I'm going to have to be very disciplined and diligent with my workouts. I've been doing research on different gyms back home. I've downloaded an app for my personal trainer to send me workouts. And I've signed up for the KKI account where my therapists can upload various stretches, exercises and videos. Plus, I have resistance bands, boxing gloves and an a bike. Now I just need my standing frame and stim bike! They're both still in the works with insurance, which seems like a never ended process, but I hope the headache of dealing with all of that is almost over. I'm doing everything I can to be prepared for doing my own therapy and I'm making lists of what goals I want to achieve by the time I come back. 

So far, this week has been a great way to end things. My legs have been giving me a harder time as far as spasms go. Like straightening out from under me midway through a transfer. But I'm hoping that's just part of recovery...it's kind of what everything else did as I started to regain movement, so I'm hoping that's what's going on although it's super frustrating. 

Angelina was the therapist that filled in for Dennis last week and she thinks things were different just from the time she saw me last Monday to this Monday. And Rachel has been pretty impressed as well in the pool and on land. I'm just hoping Dr. Recio is as impressed as everyone else has been when I see him tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment