Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8

So, for my birthday, James got me tickets to see the Nationals. We met up in Alexandria and started towards a sushi place he thought I'd like. On our way there, we passed a place called "sushi, tacos and cocktails" well, what's better than sushi? That's right, sushi PLUS tacos and alcohol. Of course, we decided we had to park and go there instead. In true Morse fashion, we got a couple different things so we could share and it was AMAZING.

After dinner (and after driving around a little bit because we couldn't find our parking lot and because we missed our turn), we finally ended up at the game. The seats were great (and right behind Bryce Harper) in right field. We watched a few innings from those seats, the our friends (John and Kelly) got us access to the club level. It was awesome!! The seats were incredible and it was totally accessible. Seriously, the bar even had a section with a lower counter where the bartender could actually see my face. Why don't ALL bars have this?!! It makes me even more passionate about wanting to advocate for things like this. It's something so small, but it could make a difference for a lot of people. Obviously, I'm not just concerned about how things are at a bar, but a lower counter like that should be everywhere! Pharmacies, banks, stores? 

It was such a good birthday present and I was really happy to have been able to spend that time with my brother. We don't get to do too much just the two of us. We've always had a good relationship, but for the first time, I kind of felt like he was the one looking out for me instead of just me being the bossy big sister. It was a nice change. 


Oh, and the Nationals won! 

No comments:

Post a Comment