Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19

What a great week back home. Granted, I had three MRI scans, a million emails and lots of errands on my to do list, but it felt good to get some of those things done. I rejoined my gym, the one with a pool because I'm going to attempt to swim again. Last time I tried without a therapist, I looked like a drowning dog, so hopefully this goes better. I have an appointment Monday with a therapist in town to evaluate my performance in the pool so I can use the city pool as well as the one at the gym. It'll just be nice to have two options in case one isn't available due to classes or events. Plus, they are different water depths. I can do more core and sitting things in the gym pool, but can build a water walker to walk in the deeper city pool. (And I'm sure I'll like the warmer temperatures of the city pool as it starts to get colder outside!) When I renewed my membership, they said I get four trainer appointments, so I'm excited to have someone show me what equipment I can use and what all I'll be able to do on my own. And the best part? Dusty's dad heard me talking about how I'll need a gym membership when I come back home and is going to pay for it. It's such a nice gesture and I'm looking forward to it because the place has pretty much everything I need. The pool, weights, a cardio machine I can strap my legs into and use on my own, and arm bikes. (And they just got all new equipment just last week!) Now, if they'd just get a stim bike and stander, I'd be all set. 


No comments:

Post a Comment