Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 21

The last time I got to spend Dusty's birthday with him was his 21st. Only a few weeks after we met. We joke about it all the time too, because it was me, his family and two of his friends at a restaurant and bar downtown. He was going on and on about how his birthday is the worst time of year because even growing up, no one was really around to celebrate summer birthdays and he usually had football practice. The kicker was that his 21st was on a Monday. And all night we heard how "Monday August 20th is the worst day of the year." (Mind you, my 21st was three weeks before on Monday July 30, but that's besides the point.)

We actually got to spend all weekend together and got to celebrate his birthday. Nothing big by any means, but it was nice to be together. We actually got a drink and went out to the property he bought, just sitting there and talking. Simple things like that mean the most to me and I think we should take the time to enjoy moments like that. 

My classes were supposed to open up online yesterday, but I haven't seen anything appear on blackboard. I've emailed my professors several times, so hopefully they'll get annoyed enough that they do something soon haha. So instead of doing schoolwork like I had planned to do, I've been working out. I went to the indoor city pool yesterday to orient myself there and was really impressed with all the equipment they have, but it felt great to be back at my regular gym and pool this morning. We left the house at like 7:30, so the gym wasn't too crowded. I was surprised by how much things have changed in what I'm able to do. I was standing at the end of the pool and able to straighten my own legs to stand up straight. They fatigued fairly quickly, but I still like standing that straight helps to train the lower ab and back muscles so hopefully I won't need much assistance standing on land in the future.

Afterwards, I got to try a little bit of the new equipment! The arm bike is so nice and I couldn't believe it, but I did 30 minutes and a total of 4miles! I think it'll be really great to get at least 30 minutes of cardio each day. There's so much I can work on and so many different muscles to strengthen that I'm working on developing a schedule. That way I can track my progress and not skip over any muscle groups. I actually have an appointment with a trainer on Thursday to develop a workout plan and discover which pieces of equipment I can use on my own at the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment