Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 23 and 24

When I was younger, I was amazed with my Mom's multitasking skills. I'd ask how she could possibly drive the car and still see behind her and know what James and I were doing (usually him taunting to pinch or poke me, two things I absolutely hate!) Her reply was "I'm Wonder Woman." And I actually believed it, haha. While she might not have the wonder woman costume and be out fighting crime, she has still been somewhat of a superhero these last few months. I still can't quite comprehend how sick I was, but I can't imagine how awful it'd be to see your child flown to another hospital, put on life support, stuck in an ICU bed, and paralyzed from the neck down...I often get upset and feel like I'm asking for too much or requiring too much of everyone's time and my mom, Dusty, and Steph have all looked at me on different occasions saying "you're not a burden, you're a blessing." It's hard to think of myself like that...

Anyways, my mom was back to her superhero ways yesterday. Dad and I both had some kind of stomach bug, keeping him either in bed or running to the bathroom to get sick. I didn't have much of an appetite all day and just felt so weak. My mom took care of me, him, and was outside shoveling- trying to stay on top of the snow accumulation. Oh, and did I mention that she's also had an awful cold she's been fighting for the past week? 

My brother has also been really impressive. I always knew he was mature for his age and anyone that has met him would agree. I like to say that yeah, he's my little brother with four years of an age difference, but he knows so much about the world and often talks way above my head. While my dad was still sick in bed (something that never happens- he never quits and always works so hard), James also helped with the snow and making me feel better. 

I hate being sick...but at least if I'm going to have a stomach bug, it was during a snow storm while we're stuck home anyways and I didn't have to miss therapy. All I want is to crawl up in bed with a pair of the numerous fuzzy socks I've received and one of the many soft blankets, but my temperature regulation is still off and I sweat, even when I feel so cold, making me constantly uncomfortable. I just have to keep reminding myself that although things like that are still occurring, it's way better than it was before and I'm not taking any steps backwards. 

I'm finally feeling a little better and slept the best I have in awhile. I even had enough of an appetite for my coffee and breakfast this morning. I wish it wasn't so nasty outside and we could go to the therapy pool (that sauna sounds amazing right about now). Dusty keeps reminding me that in one month, we'll be soaking up the sun in punta cana with "a pool, bar and buffet." Haha





No comments:

Post a Comment