Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6

While I 100% wish that I wasn't in this position or that I never had to go through any of this...or have my family and loved ones go through it with me (which I'm thankful that I have so much support), I also can't help but be a little grateful. The last couple days, I've reflected on the relationships I've made along the way and the close friendships I've formed, like with Sam and Kristen. There are just some things that only people who have been there will understand and that's why I'm thankful for those relationships. I'm also just so blessed for the friends that have stayed in touch and are constantly checking on me. Especially with how busy school can be and with the distance between us. 

I had a pretty busy week last week and didn't post much of an update, but it was a really good week! I did the best I've done on the stim bike, with higher power than ever before. I also did a lot better walking over ground- each video shows improvement. I was able to use less hand support while standing, which has been one of my goals...this means my core must be getting even stronger. Oh, and even bigger news- I started moving my big toe and second biggest toes! Only on the left foot, but this is big because they're a different level on the spinal cord- even lower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment