Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4

I always do this...get busy on the weekends, forget to blog, then write a very lengthy post the next chance I get...only after several people call or text me to make sure I'm okay having not posted in days. You'd think I'd learn, but it's really not a big deal to me to write that much (just maybe to those who are waiting for a post and then have to spend a long time reading it when one finally appears). 

Nothing too crazy happened this weekend...I mean, they're always pretty nice and relaxing. But we're usually running from place to place or trying to catch up with various people- it's nothing earth shattering or ground breaking, but I'm just so thankful to not be stuck in a hospital room anymore. 

We- as in Mom and I or Dusty and me- usually end up at a vineyard during some part of the weekend. One- because we love wine, but secondly, because tasting are usually free since we're industry and work for North Mountain. Good wine, a picnic, and a pretty view are added bonuses. Speaking of bonuses, I got to reconnect with my friends, Jed and Ruth, at one of the Fourth of July celebrations downtown. They were my YoungLife leaders in high school and are now my friends. A couple years ago, Jed started a henna company. He goes to different events and festivals, but also does private appointments. All I had to say was that I liked the flowers and this image of an elephant (since they're my favorite) and they cleared a path for me to enter the tent. They educated me on what henna is and how it has origins in the Bible. Jed also told me about how some think it may have healing properties...like how some cancer patients believe that and get it on their heads once their hair has fallen out from the high dose chemo drugs. There's no proof, but we figured that if the sensation of touching my legs, foot and toes stood a chance of doing any good, then we might as well try. We had a lot to talk about while he did it anyways. It is so beautiful!! My toes were jumping all over the place while he did it (so I said if therapy goes well this week, then I'm scheduling lots of private appointments in the future!) So many people stopped me and commented on it today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment