Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 15

I was too busy trying to update everyone on paintnite and why I've been MIA (and then venting and off on a tangent) that I forgot to mention how great therapy was yesterday. We've been trying since March, but Stephanie was finally able to come with us to KKI. We went home Wednesday for paintnite and then back to Baltimore Thursday morning-Friday afternoon. Everyone from KKI talks about how it's their dream job, so I was dying to have Steph check it all out. 

I started in the pool with Courtney. We were in the big pool, so we weren't able to walk on the aqua treadmill. It was okay though because I still have a lot of core and back strengthening to do. We did a lot of reaching exercises, then got into tall kneel. I used the water walker and "walked" on my knees. Courtney was behind me, so I asked how much she was helping and what she was doing...she said "nothing." Apparently all she did was help with placement, which seemed crazy to me. I joked that maybe I'll just start walking on my knees, then graduate to on my feet. 

I did the Thera-stride in the afternoon and Dennis thought it went smoother than usual. I was happy he said that because I can never tell...having someone on each leg, "walking" you never seems smooth, if you ask me. 

On Friday, my only real appointment was with Vicki. Steph always likes when therapists/trainers work me hard, but she may have changed her mind a little when Vicki made her my workout partner during our session, haha. Our arms and abs were burning!!! But by the end of it all, we talked about going to Target to get the equipment so we can repeat the workout at home. Workout buddies are always a good idea and great motivation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment