Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12

Throughout this illness, I would wake up and feel like all of this must be a dream. This past week, that has still been happening, but for a different reason. Instead of always waking up and thinking about my situation with sadness and disbelief, it has changed to a more thankful view. I'm getting daily emails, phone calls, and having people stop me everywhere I go. I've had people stop me in the locker room at the gym to ask for my address in order to send me a check or sit down at my table at lunch to talk and write out a check. To hear so many people tell me they're rooting for me or sharing their own personal stories has meant so much to me. I love meeting all of these new people that I otherwise wouldn't have met. It's the ultimate "networking."

The other day, I went to the park to do some planning for the run this Saturday. Afterwards, I met Gary Auerbach, who has a following and does live videos on Facebook. He talks to different people, goes to different places or events, and shares stories. He reached out and wanted to share my story after reading the article in the paper. I originally told Dusty he had to join me because I'm not good at those types of things! It was live and I was convinced I was either going to freeze, fumble over my own words, or worse-- be too wordy and say too much (which it totally something I'd do).

Here's a link to the video, I'm hoping it works, even for those that don't use Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/frisbeechamp/videos/10154659855212235/

In other news, the run is really coming together...almost 150 people signed up with donations still coming in! I just feel bad that we can't include everyone on the shirt since they had to be sent to the printer in order to be ready on time. Not that everyone really cares about having their name on the shirt, I just like being able to thank everyone that way. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the total number of people is that show up Saturday. I'm also really excited to see everyone- people I haven't seen since high school, people I haven't had a chance to catch up with since I got sick, and then just some of my favorite people that I love spending time with.

Since the run is only from 9-11am, we are inviting people to come to our house after for a little cookout. We figure since there are so many people coming from out of town and since we may not have time to talk to everyone, it'll be a nice opportunity to catch up. People can just bring a dish and a chair and spend the afternoon with us! It should be a really great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment