Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 7

I finally have things worked out with school and, of course, I already feel behind. I'm three lectures in and Dusty says I'm sounding like myself already- feeling like I have so much to do, so much to learn, and not enough time. But it's good. It's a love hate relationship. I hate feeling overwhelmed, but I love my schoolwork and I love learning...and I'm tired of taking time off! 

I'm still busy going to the gym and doing my own therapy. Im looking forward to starting swimming lessons in a few weeks because I've heard so many people talk about how good swimming laps was for their recovery (not to mention health and weightloss). 

I've also been busy organizing and promoting the fun run on October 15. So many people have reached out saying they want to sponsor or that they want to run...and those that can't make it are excited to buy shirts. And the shirts are going to be awesome!! Here's the design: 

They're going to be black with kelly greene writing (which is the color for spinal cord awareness). Then all the sponsors will be listed on the back. Everyone that signs up for the run gets one and those that can't make it, can still go to the run link, sign up, but the put a comment in the registration that they aren't running. Then we'll either figure out a way to meet up with people to give them their shirt, or we'll ship it to them. I'm hoping people from school, Magee and KKI will at least want shirts. I think it'll be a successful fundraiser and I can't wait to get the stim bike...I'm doing everything I can to stay active and do therapy, but there's only so much I can do to work my legs. And I was using the bike five days a week when I was in Baltimore, so this is a big change. 

Speaking of big changes, I've moved downstairs. We have a bedroom down there and it's where I was going to live before I got sick because I was going to do some rotations near home and live there to save money. Mom, Dad and James helped clean out the room the other weekend and I started to go through some of my belongings we packed up from school that are cluttering our garage. It's a long and slow process, but we're getting somewhere. I've been "living" down there by myself for a little over a week. I get myself ready and in bed, then up and ready in the morning. I even have my coffee maker set up. It's nice to have some of that independence again. Now we just need a bathroom set up down there! It hasn't been too bad because I just get up and go to the gym, so I shower after my workouts, but it would be nice to have one downstairs in case I wasn't going to the gym and to have a sink so someone doesn't have to bring my toothbrush down to me every night and every morning. Dusty's uncle came and looked at the basement and gave us some advice on where to put it to be most cost effective and to save the most space. Hopefully we can get a plumber over soon to double check a few things and then we can move forward with the process. 

So, yeah... Lots of changes and lots of things keeping me very busy! But I like being busy, so I'm definitely not complaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment