Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26

I haven't been able to blog as much because my phone has been acting up. I downloaded the app for the blog site a while back because it made it easier to just type a little bit of a post here and there..whenever I found some time. Then I could just post it when I found enough time to finish it. Not only is my phone having trouble, but the app keeps closing out un-expectantly. Whenever I'm in front of my computer, it is usually to do school work, not to type up blogs...and so much has been happening that I get overwhelmed anytime I think about writing a post because I just have so much to say!! But enough people have reached out, asking where I've been, that I figured I better start somewhere!

Like I said, I've been doing a lot of school work and spending a lot of time at the gym. I've also been trying to catch up with people and reconnect with individuals I haven't seen in awhile. Just last week, I was able to meet up with a friend I haven't seen since high school! She's now married, has a newborn baby, and is living in another state. She reached out to me and asked if we could meet up while she was in town, visiting her family and I couldn't say no. We had a great lunch and really enjoyed hearing what each other have been up to over the past seven years. We're even trying to meet up again next time she comes to Winchester and asking a few of our other friends from high school to join...sounds like a reunion!

I went back to KKI last week because we dropped my grandma off at the airport in Baltimore. I was able to meet with Vickie again, spend some time in the wellness gym, and catch up with some of the friends I had made there. I get to go back again tomorrow for the day because we're picking grandma up from the airport. I'm just so thankful for KKI- the patients, the therapists, the recovery I've made...all of it! Several of the therapists have ordered t-shirts since they can't make it to my run and it's just really nice to see all that support. (Therapists and staff from Magee may also place a t-shirt order thanks to how amazing Natalie is--who I've also been able to keep in touch with and can't wait to see when I return to Philly in October for my wheelchair appointment).


No comments:

Post a Comment