Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6

I have to admit, I haven't blogged in a little while and it's kind of on purpose. With the anniversary of getting sick and having something specific each day that made it significant, I just tried to stay busy and not think about all of that. I felt like if I sat down and started writing, I'd have to confront my feelings about everything and that's just not something I was either willing or ready to do. I was busy making new memories to help make up for the bad ones. But that doesn't mean I was successful at not being emotional here and there. 

My friends, Brittany and Aubrey and their mom took us to see Scotty McCreery at the county fair (with a meet and greet!!) we got pictures and got to see a great show (and I got a hug! Haha) so instead of the 31st being the last day I was with my roommates and at my house in Philly before Dusty drove to get me and bring me home, it was the day I met Scotty. Sounds like a better memory, doesn't it? 




Instead of September 4 being the last day I was moving my legs and the day I was put on the ventilator, it was the day Dusty and I celebrated our four year anniversary with friends at a vineyard, listening to some of my other friends play music. Then Dusty and I went grocery shopping and cooked together, like we used to. Me as the organizer and cook in the kitchen and him on the grill. 



And lastly, instead of September 5th being the day I was sedated and flown to UVA, it was the day we went to the Nationals game and drove around trying to find a place to eat on our way home. We decided we wanted chick fil a (and it wasn't even Sunday!!) but, it was Labor Day, al of course they were closed when we got there. Then we decided that salad from McDonalds wouldn't be too bad, but as soon as we got there, we found out that it must've closed down sometime in the last few months. And then, still on that salad kick, I thought we could get one to go from Harris Teeter, but Dusty pointed out that they were probably closing down the salad bar since it was almost 8:00. It was quite the adventure...it was getting late and I was getting hungry (or I guess you could say "hangry.") We finally got some type of Latin American food (which was probably the only place open after 8 on Labor Day.) It didn't disappoint and we made it home before it got too late. If nothing else, it's kind of a funny memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment