Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 22

For the last two weeks, I've had muscles ache that I hadn't even felt in over a year. Like my abs, for instance. As soon as each therapist learned that I could now get myself on all fours, they wanted to do it...OVER and OVER. As if that weren't enough, I was crawling both in the pool and in the gym. I know it may not sound like much, but it was so difficult! I just kept doing it and pushing through because I was excited about my new abilities, but my abs have been sore since the day I started back at KKI. And I'm not just talking about "oh, that's a little sore because I did some sit-ups," I'm talking about "oh my gosh, it hurts to laugh!" 


I really think I pushed my body to complete exhaustion because now, I'm not only sore all over, but I have a bit of a cold. I'm thankful to not have any plans this weekend, because all I want to do is lay around. (And that's saying something because I HATE staying in bed longer than necessary...the day I got out of the hospital, I vowed to not waste time in bed during the day unless I needed to). I think this is one of those times where I really need to let my body rest and recover. 


I start my long term therapy this week on Tuesday with Dennis and Wednesday with Quyen (pronounced "queen). I'm in the pool and the gym both days and while it's only twice a week, I know it's still going to be tiring. I'm also looking forward to the week because my friend, Kristen, will be in town from Knoxville for her two weeks of boot camp. Her and her parents will be staying at the same place as us, so I'm hoping we'll have time to catch up if we both aren't too exhausted, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment