Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November 2

I got a crazy phone call a few weeks ago. A friend from freshman year of college at Bridgewater called me out of the blue. I'm ashamed to say that although we were extremely close freshman year, we completely lost touch after she transferred. I hate when that happens. Saying that you'll keep up with people is so much easier than actually doing it and I'm afraid I've experienced more and more of that in this past year as I've worked on my recovery and my friends have moved on with their schooling, work, families, and life in general. But anyways, Kat called me because she's been following my story and progress since I first got sick. She told me about how in 2013, she fell off her horse and suffered a spinal cord injury. She has since made a full recovery, but started a business with horse and human products called "Benefab" products by SoreNoMore. The technology in their products helped her a lot in her own recovery and who would have thought that almost seven years later, we would be reunited because we have both been introduced to the spinal cord injury community? You can learn more about her story and her products here:

http://www.benefabproducts.com/the-benefab-story/

She had read in my blog about the equipment I needed for therapy in order to stay at home and continue with my courses for school. She knew that I was working on several fundraisers and thought that she could be of some help. Since her personal experience, she has donated a portion of her profits to SCI rehabilitation, but decided that she wanted to try something a little bit different. She wanted to get more personal and share an individual's SCI story for a period of time, starting with me. So, I'm lucky enough to announce that this Holiday Season, she is donating 10% of online sales at both websites completely to me: www.benefabproducts.com and www.stoptheache.com 

There's a really nice write up about me on their blog and I'm just so thankful that she reached out to me, both because we've been able to reconnect and because she's already been such a big help. So, if you get a chance, look at the websites and products. I have one of the blankets and I absolutely love it.

http://www.benefabproducts.com/kellys-journey-our-small-business-her-outcome/

No comments:

Post a Comment